2 Hour Workshop – $75
No experience necessary.
Create a piece of artwork using watercolour paints with one my own ‘Woodland Frieze’ colouring in designs printed for you on heavy watercolour paper.
I have 2 original line drawing designs featuring woodland imagery for you to choose from.
Colouring in with watercolour paints is a great way to become familiar with brush control and paint handling, without having to worry about the drawing side of things. You will learn about the transparent nature of watercolour paints as we go along. The line drawings I have created have a variety of colouring in spaces where different techniques can be practised.
Everyone paints at a different rate, you may finish your painting during the workshop or want to take things slowly, there’s no rush this is a fun and mindful process. You get to take home your paint kit as part of the workshop – so there’s no pressure, you can carry on at home.
I provide a handout sheet to remind you of the simple techniques we will have covered No materials necessary, everything you need to create an artwork will be provided at the workshop. Wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting messy! This course is best suited to adults.
Watercolour paints are known for their translucency, this workshop is a great introduction to their amazing properties.
Please contact me if you are interested in taking this class in Bayside, Melbourne.
- What You’ll get to take home: Your very own original piece of art on a sheet of heavy watercolour paper. A brand new watercolour paint set and water-brush pen. Instruction printout
- What you’ll be provided with: Clear guidance through the process to paint your own artwork. Any additional materials, including practice paper.
- What you’ll learn: How to mix watercolour paints, brush handling and simple colour theory.
- Who will be teaching? Karen Smith, an experienced professional designer and artist, and craft enthusiast who shares her enjoyment of the entire creative process from concept ideas, to finished pieces of handmade work.
- Companion Workshop: Colouring in with watercolours https://www.karensmithdesigns.com/portfolio/workshop-colouring-in-with-watercolours/