Relief printing with woodblocks
2 Hours Hands on workshop – POA
No experience necessary.
Learn how to use wood blocks for printing onto fabric, creating a unique shopping bag. I provide a number of my original different wood block designs featuring botanic imagery for you to choose from. We will practice printing on paper first and then create your own hand printed shopping tote. No materials necessary, everything you need to create a your own bag will be provided at the workshop. Wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting messy! This course is best suited to adults.
Wood block printing is an exciting process, each print is similar yet different, the thrill of the reveal when pulling a print from a woodblock never gets old!
Everyone paints at a different rate, you may finish your painting during the workshop or want to take things slowly, there’s no rush this is a fun and mindful process. You get to take home your paint kit as part of the workshop – so there’s no pressure, you can carry on at home.
I provide a handout sheet to remind you of the simple techniques we will have covered No materials necessary, everything you need to create an artwork will be provided at the workshop. Wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting messy! This course is best suited to adults.
Watercolour paints are infinitely flexible, this workshop is a great introduction to their amazing properties.
Please contact me if you are interested in taking this class in Bayside, Melbourne.
- What You’ll get to take home: A unique shopping tote bag.
- What you’ll be provided with: A plain canvas tote bag, a variety of unique woodblock designs to choose from, inks, tools, brayers, rollers, practice paper.
- What you’ll learn: How to make handmade prints on fabric. You will have clear guidance through the process to make your own hand printed shopping bags.
- Who will be teaching? Karen Smith, an experienced professional designer and artist, and craft enthusiast who shares her enjoyment of the entire creative process from concept ideas, through to beautiful finished pieces of handmade work.
- Companion Workshop: Printmaking