Learn how to carve and stamp your own prints
3 Hours Hands on workshop – POA
No printing experience necessary, but some design and drawing skills would be an advantage.
Carve your own lino print and make your own greeting cards. Learn how to transfer and carve a design onto a soft printing block, or easy cut vinyl and how to print your design using water based inks onto cards.
Bring a sketchbook with your design ideas. No additional materials necessary, everything you need to create an artwork will be provided at the workshop.
You will learn basic lino cutting techniques, how to simplify a design and transfer it onto a stamping block. How to ink up a block using water based inks, and how to pull relief prints by hand.
I provide a handout sheet to remind you of the simple techniques we will have covered No materials necessary, everything you need to create an artwork will be provided at the workshop. Wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting messy! This course is best suited to adults.
Please contact me if you are interested in taking this class in Bayside, Melbourne.
- What You’ll get to take home: 6 unique hand printed greeting cards, with envelopes, and your own stamping template.
- What you’ll be provided with: soft easy carve stamping block or vinyl , inks, tools, brayers, rollers, practice paper, cards & envelopes.
- What you’ll learn: How to develop your own ides into an image that can be translated into a print design. How to handle carving tools. How to carve a lino print template, and how to make handmade relief prints. You will have clear guidance through the process to make your own hand printed cards.
- Who will be teaching? Karen Smith, an experienced professional designer and artist, and craft enthusiast who shares her enjoyment of the entire creative process from concept ideas, through to beautiful finished pieces of handmade work.
- Companion Workshop: Printmaking with woodblocks